PE and Sports Premium
PE at The Queenswell Federation
As part of the National Curriculum the children participate in two hours of Physical Education a week.
PE lessons are taught by class teachers; however, if your child is in Year 2 or 4 they will participate in at least one term of swimming and this is taught externally at the Oakleigh School of Swimming.
Inter and Intra Competitions
At Queenswell the children compete in a range of competitions. The competitions are either ran in school, where the children compete against each other or the children represent the school and compete against other schools.
- Swimming lessons are held on a Thursdays at Oakleigh swimming pools. Pupils walk there as a class accompanied by school staff.
- Lessons are 30 minutes long and run by the Oakleigh swimming instructor.
- Pupils change in single-sex changing rooms and the lesson is observed by school staff.
- There is no school uniform for swimming but pupils are asked to wear sensible costumes (not bikinis) and trunks. Swimming hats are compulsory for children with long hair. Swimming kits should be taken home after each lesson.
The government is continuing to support schools with extra funding. The key aims of this funding is to increase sport provision for children and improve the quality of the service they receive.
PE and school sport play an important part in the life of Queenswell Junior School. We believe that it plays a key part in the development of our children.
- To develop and maintain good or excellent teaching across the school
- To take part in at least one virtual activity across each year group
- To take part in inter-school activities for sports that are planned in line with Covid guidance.
The grant for 2021-2022 was £74,238.
- £1,083 to buy into Barnet Parnership for school sport. (This allows us to enter competitions and access free coaching)
- £4348 to pay into the Sports Appretnice programme.
- £7395 Playground installation and new roof on infant playground
- £9350 Jungle swing trail on Junior playground to increase physical activity on the playground.
- £5378.9 Pentagon junior development.
- £1423 Sports Equipment forPE lessons.
- £1200 for swimming- Top up swimminh to provide extra support to those children who have not met the three national curriculum requirements in the summer term.
- £783 for playground equipment to increase physical exercise at lunchtimes.
- £5,000 on transport to allow children to travel to sports events.